$27,000 - $30,000 a year
We are looking for a Finance Coordinator to join our Finance department! This position performs a variety of duties that relate to processing billing and payroll for multiple locations.
This is a full-time salary position. Finance Coordinator must be able to accommodate flexible hours, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM and some late nights and weekends.
- Collect, calculate and enter data, thereby maintaining payroll information
- Ensure reports are balanced and records are properly maintained
- Ensure regular update of payroll information by making entering such as change in exemptions deductions and other payroll items
- Operate and examine payroll register and reports to detect possible errors for correction
- Assist with providing company policies and benefits at weekly orientations
- Provide agencies of state and federal governments needed payroll and billing information
- Perform semi-monthly billing and payroll processing for several franchise locations
- Responsible for taking collections and posting payments correctly
- Weekly filing of open AP and paid AP for both locations
- Filing VA and long-term care insurance claims
- Assist with client’s close out processes and procedures
- Provide appropriate answers to clients and employee questions
- Provide solutions to invoices with problem by carrying out relevant investigation
- Create several reports using Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ensure company and staff information is kept confidential to protect payroll operations and win the confidence of employees
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing mails are processed
- Errands to banks, post office, etc. as needed
- Answer office phones and forward calls to different departments as needed
- Office Filing as needed
- May be asked to perform other duties that are important to the smooth running of the company
- Handle on-call duty on a regular basis and as directed by the Operations Director.
- Occasionally overnight travel may be required to work at our Columbia, SC location
- High School Diploma or its equivalent. A college degree is preferred.
- 2 years or more of accounting or bookkeeping experience (AR and AP) required
- Experience and proficient working with QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word
- Expert knowledge of all state and federal human resources laws, including wage and tax laws
- 1 year or more of Management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and employees
- Proficient working under pressure and independently, with the ability to work on multiple tasks together without losing attention to details
- Ability to comprehend and execute a set of instructions correctly; be creative in finding solutions to problems and be accommodating to new ideas.
- Paid Time Off
- Six Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance through AFLAC (Dental, Life, Cancer, Short-term disability, etc.)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 2715 Spring Gate Ln. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 256-883-3080. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 919-508-6147 for technical assistance.